Husker Genetics Ruth brand (NE10589) is awned, tan glumed cultivar that is moderately late in maturity. It is a semi-dwarf variety that is approximately 33 inches in height. It has moderate straw strength and good winter hardiness. It was developed cooperatively by the Nebraska Agricultural Experiment Station and the USDA-ARS. It was selected from the cross OK98697/Jagalene//Camelot where the pedigree of OK98697 is TAM200/HBB313E//2158. PVPA
- Resistant to Soilborne wheat mosaic virus
- Moderately resistant to stem rust
- Moderately susceptible to leaf rust, and stripe rust
- Moderately susceptible to Fusarium head blight
- Moderately resistant to moderately susceptible to Hessian fly.
- Susceptible to barley yellow dwarf virus and wheat streak mosaic virus