Late Summer Mix for Cover or Grazing
This Late Summer Program will fit your Management plans if:
- Previous Crop was, Soybeans, or Corn
- Planting Date for Cover Crop is August to Early September
- My next crop rotation can go to Corn or Soybeans
- You want the Winter annual and Annual Cover Crop Mix to use for Graze or ground cover.
- You want to recycle nutrients and fix new nitrogen.
- You can No-Till Drill the seed.
- Have Not Applied a residual herbicide in the past 12 months.
This Mix Contains: ( % by Wt.) Winter Wheat 33.3% Spring Triticale 20.0% Haybet Barley 20.0%
Oil Seed Radish 1.3% Forage Pea 18.7% Hairy Vetch 4.0% Forage Rapeseed 1.3% Purple Top Turnip 1.3%
The Mix Diversity Content: Grass Type 61% Brassica 32% Legume 8%
Seeding Rates Lbs. per acre Seeds per acre
Soil Builder Rate 75 1,237,000
Low density Rate 56 927,750
Broadcast or Grazing Rate 113 1,855,500
Approximate Seeds Per Pound In Mix: 16,493